To book an aesthetic appointment please CLICK HERE
Appointments can be booked at our office, over the phone or online or you can request HERE
- We offer both in-person and phone visits, depending on the nature of the visit. To provide the best possible care for our patients, we reserve phone visits for chronic, stable conditions, test results, minor health issues, or repeat prescriptions.
- Please inform the receptionist of the reason for your visit so you can be scheduled appropriately. In particular, if you are requesting a complete physical, children’s immunizations, WCB/ICBC, procedure or gynecological examination, please tell the receptionist as these services may require a longer appointment time, certain office preparations, or certain exam rooms.
- We prioritize our registered patients but occasionally we are able to fit-in an urgent care for non-patients – ask if we are able to help.
- We offer same day appointments generally for sick children or urgent care. These are first come, first served please call at 0900 am to inquire about availability.
- In the interest of continuing to provide exceptional health care to our patients in the safest manner possible. Patients with respiratory symptoms or fever, chills, cough, sore throat, stomach pain, unexplained muscle aches, headaches, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, runny nose/nasal congestion, sinus pain/pressure PLEASE CALL the office to book the appropriate appointment.
- As per public health orders, medical masks are encouraged but not mandatory. You may be asked to wear it if you have an upper respiratory symptoms.
- There may be some instances where your Family Doctor can/may call you to assist with your medical issue without a physical examination. In these instances, you will be asked to schedule a window of time for the doctor to call you. Please make every effort to ensure your contact information is up-to-date and you are available during the telephone appointment slot. Missed phone call appointments are subject to our no show – missed appointment fees.
- Receptionists are not qualified to offer medical advice, however may be given authorization to contact you on behalf of your Family Doctor.
- To ensure proper care, please discuss the situation with the reception when asking for an appointment vs. calling for health advice.
- To help us stay on schedule and minimize wait times, please arrive on time for your appointment. Please note unexpected emergencies may arise and cause delays. Please be patient if this happens.